Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year because it reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings. Suddenly, so many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky we are.
I am thankful for…
- Just being Prerna, myself
- Being alive and to be fortunate enough to see the sun rise every day.
- A crazy sister whose presence is something I value and enjoy.
- Homely home and worldly pleasures
- My height. Can look straight above all heads 😂
- All the sweet food and much-upons.
- Having such close connection to nature, understanding it well and getting highly influenced by it 😊.
- My flowing long hair which compliment me so well.
- How can I forget the novels? They are my life and my pride.
- The wonderful opportunity to start a blog and the height this site has achieved till date.
- Terrific and incredible friends who have matched shoulder with me in every situation, as well as played a leading role in all the nuisance we created !!
- Blogger friends; picked exclusively from different corners of the world, who have motivated and inspired me throughout this blogging journey of mine.
- All the adventures and misadventures, which have taught me important lessons of life in the most indirect ways!
- My comfy pillow and cosy quilt
- Healthy eyes and not having to bear the torment of spectacles.
- A brain that has made me achieve so much praise and honor.
- The smile on my face 😊.
- Having a good sleep everyday!! 💤
- All the love that gets showered on me by so many people who make me feel that I am really needed in their lives 💜.
And the counting goes on…
~~”Start each day with a grateful heart”~~
As the night approached, natural luminous lights slowly adorned the sky. The moon unleashed its divinity and gave out a somber glow to light the path of little Ru.
Ru couldn’t bear the thought of her dearest Grandma being a witch, a sorceress and moreover a “bad woman”.
She ran as fast as her little feet could take her, along the trail lit by her Uncle, Moon. Coming across a refreshing pool, she sat down and thought of the old happy days she had with Grandma. She remembered how the woman cuddled and snugged her up when she was cold. Her lap used to be the most comfortable place for Ru. But now, as she thought, it was filled with impeity and blood of her subjects.
Ru looked down helplessly at the scar on her right arm. It was a witness of her terrible history. She gathered the phosphorescent pool water in her little palms and gently washed the wound. Looking all over the place, for the first time she realised that the place was quite unusual. Everything was so luminous, magical and dreadfully beautiful.
She stared at her reflection in the pool water for a long time, until she could make out a figure of a woman wearing a white robe with pearl headdress. A sense of familiarity struck her as a voice echoed from beneath,
” Go ahead my child.
What your mind says is absolutely true.
The world needs you.
Your subjects need you.
And your mum is with you, in all what you do…”
I am surprised how I completed a sketch in just one day!! This is my latest artwork and now I’m planning to start a new one 😀. Wanna see my previous sketch ?! It’s here!
Tell me how this one looks.
Photo challenge: hot and/or cold
Hot and cold are opposites of each other. Ever thought that they could make peace with each other and settle at the same place? Such wonders happen only in nature’s magnificent bounty.
The calm and cold water flows beneath the fierce and raging sun. Both face each other smiling, appreciating each other and making everyone marvel at their glory. The sun makes his best rays fall on the water to add a shimmer to the scenery. While the water calms the short tempered sun by the bubbling and splashing of it waves against the shore.
Mother nature holds both of them in the same lap and treat them with equal affection. Such is the splendour and elegance of what is around us- Nature and only nature, which is created by Him.
I have been nominated for many glorious awards recently and I was not able to do the posts for them. Please accept my apologies and thank you for thinking of me as worthy of those lovely awards 😊.
Rishabh nominated me for “the lovely blogger award”. He writes wonderfully and is going to start writing book reviews which I’m looking very much forward to !!
7 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
( Bonus facts to make up for other awards too! )
- I absolutely hate lizards and turn totally insane when the pesky little thing enters my room!!
- I love eating different cuisines and trying out new things.
- I am really good at making PowerPoint presentations.
- I love to do coding with python and Java in my free time.
- I love traveling.
- I am very much nocturnal.
- I love horses and giraffes ( we are very alike ) !!
- Snow clad mountains are my type of place!
- I love photography and blogging.
- I am good at nail art but I cannot put an eyeliner nicely.
- And I have a good sense of humour!!
- I love wild Flora and fauna!!
- I like playing basketball, badminton and table tennis (basketball being my favorite!).
- I do not like chocolates at all! (But I can eat a choco fudge cake or brownie with utmost delight 😋 yumm! I won’t share! )
~~~AND THE NOMINEES ARE~~~
3. Marilyn Armstrong
5.Just Brittany moments
7. Swosti Das
9. Ed Lehming Photography
11. Dennis Wagoner
15. Adashof Jhaee
16. Himadri Roy
17. Colors of my life
18. Margaret from soulfood101blog
20. Avid Observer
21. Idealize blog
25. Harsh, fab writings
26. Candid Hunter productions
31. Lee, goldenpinkjournal
33. Sunain banga
34. Sparsha Mishra
35. Gayatri Sharma
These are my recent blogger-friends. If I have missed out somebody, please consider yourself nominated too! Let’s spread the bogging love 💜.
And..and..and…I would feel so happy if you do the post as I would love to know more about you guys 😁.
~Have a nice day !!
This is the outer view of a houseboat in Kashmir. So, you needn’t be dead to visit heaven, just visit Kashmir alive. The place is no less than heaven ✨. I have stayed in a houseboat for a few days and it was a wonderful experience to be surrounded with calming water !! The houseboat is very well furnished from inside and the stay was very comfortable. I want to go there once again!!
Thursday Doors is a weekly feature allowing door lovers to come together to admire and share their favorite door photos from around the world. Feel free to join in on the fun by creating your own Thursday Doors post each week and then sharing it, between Thursday morning and Saturday noon (North American time).
Life is like a Boat. If you load a boat with a bulk of amenities then it will drown. Keep your life simple. If you load it with great expectations and unachievable desires then it will lead to failure and disappointment.